I recently came across Holidaily Brewing, a 100% gluten-free brewery in Colorado with incredible beer that is totally safe for celiacs. I absolutely love their IPA and their stout is the perfect, not-too-heavy, fall beer, but the real sleeper is their blonde ale which is mild but flavorful and perfect for cooking with.
As the weather in Chicago has suddenly started to feel like fall, and with football season right around the corner, I have been experimenting with some different comfort food snacks for during games and for outdoor get togethers with friends. I am always a big fan of recipes that are low mess, don’t require the oven and use ingredients that I am likely to have in the fridge at home. This beer cheese dip is all of those things and is a serious (socially distanced) crowd pleaser.
It is super cheesy with a little bit of spice and tanginess and the Holidaily Brewing Company blonde ale adds a perfect malty, hoppy flavor to balance everything out. I paired the dip with gluten-free pretzels but it would also go great with some warm bread or veggies. As we get further into fall, I have a feeling that this would also be delicious warmed up and paired with hot pretzels…it may just be something I try the next time I make it!
Ingredients: (Total Time: 10 minutes. Serves 6 ):
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1.5 cups shredded, sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Fage 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup Holidaily Brewing blonde ale (or any other blonde ale)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/4 tsp Worcester sauce
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high powered blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Serve with pretzels, chips, veggies, warm bread or anything else your heart desires.